Saturday 26 May 2007

ebay


I frequently visit ebay, not only to look for books or other items that I would like to purchase, but also to find information and inspiration. I enjoy studying some of the old maps from the 17th and 18th centuries that may help me in my studies of the Magia Posthuma. However, there are also obvious items of interest, e.g. old editions of relevant text. Currently, there is a copy of the 1855 German translation of Calmet's treatise on apparitions and vampires, Über Geistererscheinungen, which would be very nice to own, but at € 490, I had better refrain. Actually, the original Italian translation, Dissertazioni sopra le apparizioni de' spiriti, was on sale some time ago for no less than € 1.600! Modern editions are usually offered at prices that are easier to pay.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...