Monday 24 January 2011

An anti-vampire

In a recent book, Necrophilia: Forensic and Medico-legal Aspects by Anil Aggrawal (CRC Press), one can find this 'point to ponder':

'A necrophile may be called the very opposite of the legendary vampire. While the term vampire generally refers to a dead person (usually referred to as the "undead") disturbing the living, the necrophile is a living person disturbing the dead! In this sense, a necrophile may be referred to as an anti-vampire.' (p. 4)

I am not sure what the purpose of this observation is, but obviously anyone who 'disturbs the dead', even for various non-sexual reasons, must qualify as an 'anti-vampire'. And logically, I must conclude that I like everyone else who, as far as I am aware of, are not involved in disturbing the dead, can now say: I am not an anti-vampire...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...